Sunday 12 February 2012

Failure to fire

Went to the hospital on Friday but didn't see my consultant. He was called to surgery with no prospect of returning in time for his clinic. I did see one of the nurses though, I will be called early on Monday (13th) about an appointment outside of clinic times.
I am disappointed but have to be philosophical, any delay in surgery puts back my progress however the nurse said that he wants to discuss surgery options including the Da Vinci robot, this could (potentially) shorten recovery and thus negate delay.

Something strange has happened to the area that has been exposed to Xray radiation, it has gone bald. Usually my body is hairier than a lycanthrope at full moon but now I look like a human patch work quilt!
This should recover according to the experts - I certainly hope so.

1 comment:

  1. John, hope all goes well with the appointment. Loads of us at tooting read your blog but we don't comment. Just letting you know we are out there wishing you a speedy return to tell us off for not putting up enough smoke alarms or turning out to calls too slowly. Ian, the GW and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete