Friday 17 February 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

Just got back from the consultation with my surgeon, the very good news is that the Chemo/Radio therapy has worked and the cancer has not spread. The tumour has been shrunk to an operable size.

My surgeon will write to his counterpart at Frimley Park (where there is a Da Vinci robot) and arrange a consultation for me. This does not necessarily mean that this will be the route I go down but it does give an opportunity to discuss this option.

I am looking at 3 weeks before I would have conventional surgery and possibly longer before laparoscopic surgery but the shorter recovery time associated with this method will balance out the potential difference in total time involved.

Needless to say both Stella and I are extremely pleased and relieved with this news. Although we both feel strangely anticlimactic about this outcome(?)

1 comment: