Saturday 3 March 2012

That was the week that was (2)

The 29th of February brought a proposal for me this year, it came from the secretary of the consultant at Frimley Park to go down for a consultation about robotic surgery. I went on Thursday to discuss this possibility and ended up being 'Pre-opped' for surgery on the 14th March!
This is better than I had hoped for, the compromise is that I agree to be used as a training session to be conducted by a Korean surgeon considered to be one of the foremost practitioners of this surgery in the world. The operation will be 'streamed' to surgeons in Portsmouth and shown live; my 15 minutes (7-8 hours actually) of fame.

I must get the bathroom re-decoration finished this week, its taken me longer than the pyramids so far!

Also this week I received notification that I would be put on half pay at the end of the month. Although I was expecting this it still comes as a shock. I feel exasperated, I think  my 'basket' is full enough without the extra distraction of appealing this decision.
However, after contacting work and discussing the situation I know how I will lodge my appeal.
I am keen to get back in the yoke and the foreshortened recovery period that robotic surgery offers will help toward this considerably.

I am still getting out on my bike, usually twice a week now, but despite this my weight has crept up to nearly 14 stone!
All the experts say not to worry that I will lose weight after surgery but I am dubious; they said that after my first bout of surgery and again after the nuclear portion but my weight has steadfastly gone up.
Whilst I appreciate that this is a healthy sign and I am indeed becoming fitter, after I have recovered from this round of surgery I want to address this predicament.

I had a sports massage this week, my first ever, felt much more elastic afterwards, I might try and make this a regular fixture.





2 comments:

  1. Fucking unbelievable. What a caring employer we have. Focus on the positives, Guv'nor.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Fatso (mind you I can't talk at the moment!) - are you coming to say goodbye on 9th. It would be great to see you. Good news about your progress and the op - bad news about the pay though. Hope the appeal is successful.

    ReplyDelete