Friday 11 May 2012

Treatment day plus one

The pins and needles effect seems to be becoming more manageable. However I do get it in the tips of my fingers not just with an ambient temperature cooling but also if I pick up cold objects, a bottle of milk from the fridge for example. Also when I eat I get a sharp pain at the jaw hinge on the initial bite, this goes after a couple of seconds should be a deterrent to gorging on biscuits, so not all bad.
I had a shower today the first with my PICC line, Stella clingfilmed my arm just to give a bit more protection and she has already been on line and bought a more substantial waterproof protector.

In addition to the infusion here is the list of drugs I take on a daily basis through the cycle:
  • Dexamethasone (steroid) 1 three times a day for the first 3 days after infusion.
  • Capecitabine (chemotherapy) 4 tablets twice a day for 14 days after infusion
  • Metoclopramide (anti sickness) 2 tablets four times a day for 3 days after infusion and 1 or2 four times a day as necessary.
This cycle is repeated 8 times through 24 weeks.

During the cycle I have been advised not to drink any alcohol. So, plenty of drugs (above), as much rock and roll as I want to listen too (and play badly) and as for the sex? well we'll give that a go when my lower stomach muscles and pelvis feel up to the task!

Another piece of advice was to not to sire children while I am going through this procedure, nice to know rather than need to know I thought.

I managed to move my surgeon appointment to today (Friday) so I'll get an update on that part of the treatment as well. The down side is that I suspect I will 'probed' again, not the most pleasant way to spend a Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Sire more children? Does your doc know that you've already been on a one man mission to outdo China?

    ReplyDelete