Thursday 19 January 2012

Intervening period

This week I have been trying to improve my general fitness, following on from my mountain bike ride at the weekend I have been in the gym twice, once with Gabriel and once on my own. I've obviously pushed a bit hard as I slept for 12 hours last night but generally I continue to feel more and more healthy and, now, fitter.

I see this period as a recovery time in preparation for surgery in February and I am on course to be as strong as possible for that event. I have sent a question to my surgeon's secretary about a possible alternative to open surgery which involves a machine called a Da Vinci robot, this machine is supposed to make the surgery less invasive and, potentially, less damaging to the surrounding area. I have a GP appointment tomorrow and will follow up my email with her (the GP) then. I will be exploring this possible option with my surgeon at our meeting in February.

Stella and I have been using this period to get out and about as much as possible and recently we went to Borough Market (a regular haunt) and had an excellent breakfast in 'Maria's cafe'. After this we went to the Tate modern, Bank side Gallery and then walked along the river, catching the train home from Charing Cross. It was a sunny but cold winter day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, its good to catch up with your progress on here. It must be scary at times but it sounds like it is going well. Good for you! I really admire your strength and positivity. Stella sounds an amazing support too. All of us at Wandsworth are with you all the way, including this 'old lag carbon unit'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get anywhere with your Da vinci surgery enquiry? I took a look at their website and it looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete