Monday 2 January 2012

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee

No more pain in my groin at all! I actually feel healthier than I have for a very long time, this seems ironic considering I have been exposed to more radiation than all the X men put together (I haven't discovered any super powers yet!). I think this is an indicator of how ill I had been for some time without being aware of it. My fitness level has definitely suffered through my treatment I will spend the next few weeks before surgery building it back to a reasonable level. Although I feel positive about my condition I must admit that I do still have the spectre of migration at the back of my mind, the scans on the 30th will hopefully dispel this fear and I can concentrate on the surgery in February.

Ah Nice, birth place of Giuseppe Garibaldi, home of Henri Matisse and the Savoy, as Italian as it is French an achingly beautiful city. We had a wonderful time there, ate in some spectacular restaurants and cafes. The temprature was a balmy 17 degrees with a sunny clear blue sky. Despite the warmth the locals insist on wearing heavy furs and winter coats, I think this has more to do with fashion than climate.

This is the view from our hotel room.


This Christmas bauble was huge and had a seating area insde it.


Me giving the locals some pointers.


Hmmm yacht or pied-a-terre with my commutation?

We have been going to Nice for 10 years but this year was special initially, in my darkest moments, I didn't think I would be here to go and then I wasn't sure until the day we left whether I would be fit enough to go. I am so glad we went.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice in Nice (sorry). You look scarily like your dad, standing in front of that fire engine. Happy new year lovely nephew x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guv'nor, please desist with posting pics of fire engines on this blog. You were in Italy. There's not even a slim, dark haired bellisima happening to pass in the background!!

    ReplyDelete