Monday 30 January 2012

Once more into the fray

 Just got back from hospital after having both MRI and CT (Computerised Tomography) scans. While we there I took the opportunity to visit the Stoma nurse and talk to the surgeon's team, the hernia around my stoma seems slightly enlarged; after some discussion I think I will have to stop going to the gym for the mean time as, despite using machines and not free weights, the consensus (between Stella and Maggs(the stoma nurse)) was that this was the probable cause of the strain on my stomach. No problem, I'll try and get out on my mountain bike a bit more as this doesn't seem to strain my stomach at all. I also wanted to ensure that my surgeon had got the previous message from me about the Da Vinci robot, he had and it will be discussed at the team meeting prior to my meeting with him on the 10th, I feel some relief at this.

Getting back into hospital visits with Stella driving me about has brought my treatment back into sharp focus, for 6 weeks we have had the luxury of unadulterated free time together and its been great!
I must admit to being a little apprehensive about today because despite feeling radiantly healthy these
scans will, starkly, portray the true state of my health, I hope they reflect the way I feel.

On a lighter note, for the CT scan I had to drink a ghastly brew, fluorescent yellow in colour which caused a 'flushing' panic when I used the loo after the scan. The stuff just 'glowed' in the pan menacingly, refusing to disappear on the first and second flush only grudgingly retiring on the third. My God, what are they putting in my body!

Now it has all started up again I find I want to get on with it and am eager to get to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment