Monday 2 April 2012

Back from the dark side of the moon

This is the first day since my last post that I have felt I can concentrate long enough to write. The walk to the post box was  big mistake and I think was largely euphoria/morphine induced. I paid for my impudence the next day, as indeed did Stella rubbing my back and it was for hours!
Good news is I am not incontinent and had no use for the 'Tena man' pads Stella mentioned. I still seem to have the remnants of a urine infection though and am writing this waiting for a call to pick up a prescription.
Sheila's death was a hammer blow, she had been ill for some time and was a frequent hospital visitor. She and I would compare hospital experiences she had a very grounded approach to her predicament that I found both refreshing and reassuring I will miss her terribly.
I am generally moving toward recovery but it feels like a slow grind, much harder than from the original stoma operation.
As for the injections; I figure some people have to inject themselves all their lives I can handle 26, after all I only feel a little prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment