Friday 27 April 2012

A walk in the park

Just got back from a walk around Knole park and although I am aching, back mostly, its in a good way. I went further than our usual family route and although it was at a snail's pace I still managed to work up a slight sweat, I haven't experienced that through physical effort since before my operation. This was 'try out' to see how I coped with a distance walk (only a couple of miles), as this is the only exercise I can comfortably do at the moment I intend to get out more regularly and push the distance a bit.

I didn't  get to see my Surgeon this week, his clinic was cancelled due to an emergency operation. However, I did receive a letter from him letting me know that he has arranged for me to have a 'contrast enema' to check the site of  the operation. This journey has introduced me to a whole new field of experiences as well as vocabulary, I feel fortunate to have had this opportunity.

I have also got an appointment (4 May) to have CVAD pre assessment, essentially a survey to see where best to site a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) or central line for the infused chemotherapy. I am still nervous about having chemotherapy but I am resigned to it and take heart from the fact that I can at least see through it to the end of treatment. Not very brave I know. I am sure that, once underway, I will overcome my nerves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment