Friday 13 April 2012

Brief update

My grievance against half pay was upheld in my absence which means I will remain on full pay for another two months. As I intend to return to work in some capacity by the end of May I don't think this will prove to be a problem.
I have appointments for both my Oncologist and Surgeon coming up in the next two weeks (16th Oncology, 26th Surgery). I fully expect a 'mop up' two weeks of chemotherapy as this seems to be the norm in my circumstance and will find out what the long term plan will be. The surgery meeting will be to discuss the results of the surgery I have just had and the stoma reversal. On the surgery note I received a phone call from the consultant at Frimley Park and everything seems very positive.

In other news, Stella dropped me at the barbers today and after having my hair cut I walked home, a distance much greater than my abortive 'post box' walk. I felt fine and don't appear to have suffered any ill effects. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment