Thursday 31 January 2013

A week on

The pain and soreness has subsided massively in the last few days. My trips to the toilet are becoming more regular although last evening was uncomfortable for a while feeling like I urgently needed the toilet constantly over a period of about 3 hours. I liken this phase to getting into a rowing boat, initially its unstable and feels like it'll capsize but once you start to row the boat becomes more stable and controllable. Whilst in hospital the colorectal nurse explained the need to relearn control of my bowels and that it would take a little time. That said I am amazed at how good I generally feel, I have to remind myself not to pick up anything heavier than kettle, a handy excuse for doing nothing but relaxing.
I am currently trying on all the clothes that I couldn't wear with my 'bag', its like discovering a new wardrobe! Although I seem to have put on frightening amount of weight in the last 18 months I can still squeeze into my jeans so I won't need to go through the "are you sure the size is right on these ?"  conversation.
My GP has signed me off sick for a month from today which essentially means I won't return to work, later this week we will ceremonially dispose of 30 years of accumulated tee shirts, shirts, trousers, socks, belts and associated work detritus.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete