Monday 28 January 2013

Conventional toilet habits

Wiping your bottom! What's that about?
Stella picked me up from hospital on Saturday, which was nice as it was Martha's birthday so I could join in the celebration. Writing this today (Monday) I almost feel back to normal the pain from the operation has subsided considerably, I am , however, using paracetamol and ibuprofen fairly liberally but I genuinely feel more comfortable than I thought I would. I went the get the surgical wound redressed today and that looks fine if a little puckered, I'm to go back to the local surgery on Friday to have it checked again and was told to look out for signs of infection although it looks and feels fine. I 'm going to be left with a reasonably impressive dueling scar when all is healed.
The night after the operation I experienced unbelievably uncomfortable wind which kept me up most the night my consultant asked about it when I saw him the next day telling me it is common after a reversal and akin to a baby getting gripe. That passed and slowly my 'movements' have been returning to the more conventional, relearning something that you have done for the best part of 50 years is harder than I thought but even that seems to be improving rapidly.
As an aside I had a shower this morning, my first in 18 months where I didn't have to 'project plan' the whole process with regard to removing and replacing the colostomy bag. I felt at quite a loss with the extra time I had!

Stella and I have got to get away when this is all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment