Friday 11 January 2013

New Year rush

Received written confirmation of my pre-op date and the operation date yesterday, 16th and 23rd January  respectively, in the words of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence "This shit just got real!". Although in truth it's been real for quite some time.

What with the operation, three birthdays coming up and imminent retirement this part of the year, generally a quiet time, seems manic at the moment. We have also decided to buy the lease car I have had for the past 3 years, it has proved to be all the family car we need, although we still have a hankering for another old VW bus (we've had two)I think that is just the 'Hippy' in both of us.

We are becoming quite the theatre goers, we have booked tickets to see Much ado about nothing at the Old Vic for later in the year. This is significant because I have held off making commitments too far into the future, I think this is a sign of my renewed optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment