Sunday 6 January 2013

Twelfth night

53 today, Martha's card from last year can be 'recycled' today.  had a relatively quiet day today most of the kids visited, went  for a walk in Knole Park with Hannah, Mark, baby Sophie and our 3 youngest.

Christmas has been a busy period for the Day household we have visited, been visited, went to the pantomime and I took Gabriel  to his first adult comedy night at our local theatre, the Stag. I actually did get out on my mountain bike before the end of 2012, twice! I went further each time and did more off road riding than I thought I would be up to.




Stella treated me to a meal at Joe Allens and we went to see Simon Callow in his one man rendition of a Christmas Carol for my birthday. It was a brilliant evening, prior to collecting our tickets from the box office we found ourselves behind Simon. Stella asked him to sign a programme which he obligingly did, top bloke!
But Simon where were the songs?! (Muppet's Christmas carol reference).

Generally I feel more healthy daily, the numbness in my fingers and feet also seems to be subsiding although I still struggle with shirt buttons and picking small items up from a flat surface, not end of the world stuff but irritating just the same. I am going to give some blood tomorrow for the research programme I mentioned earlier, I was advised not to do it before the Christmas break (the sample may be left and deteriorate in the break) by the research team at the oncology centre.
We met up with my surgeon on the 27th December, I signed the consent form for the reversal surgery and it looks as though I will be going in on the 23rd January, just in time to recover and retire from the Fire Brigade.

No comments:

Post a Comment