Sunday 9 October 2011

Getting deeper in the maze

Had my appointment with the radio therapy doctor on Friday, this was both good and disappointing news.
The (very) good news is that my lungs and liver are clear of cancer. The disappointing news is that rather than 5 days radio therapy followed by surgery to remove the tumour I will have 5 weeks radio/chemo therapy, rest and then surgery.I have elected to have the stoma operation before starting the radio/chemo therapy as this will prevent potential problems and help smooth the whole process from begining to end.
The time scales involved with this new approach are much longer, this was a bit of a body blow to my spirit and although I understand the sound reasoning behind this change I still felt very low on Friday evening.

Saturday brought time to reflect on the situation, a more positive outlook and a discomfort free day!

I also received my third cancer present, an impossible puzzle which my 7 year old daughter cracked first time.

I notified work about the change in procedure, they have been very supportive and understanding.

Sunday brought a lot of discomfort in my bowel and real pain (for the first time) I took some pain killers and am using an over the counter IBS treatment- Buscopan- this combination eased the pain and discomfort considerably.
I am trying to up the amount of water I drink as this seems to help "flush" me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment