Friday 28 October 2011

Getting ink done

This machine is called a CT Simulator, it's used to line your body up using lasers to create the target area for radio therapy. When the operators have identified the correct position(s) they mark your body, in my case permanently, with 'tattoos'. I was going to publish a picture of me in situ by decided against a picture of my naked butt going out accross the internet, we'll save those for our 'private' collection. I have always quite fancied 'getting ink done' but didn't anticipate the NHS paying for it!

This week has been fairly busy, it started on Sunday with our oldest daughter's 30th birthday, on Monday we had some good friends round for lunch and went for a walk in Knole park, They gave me a present which appealed to my softer side (something I didn't know I had).

Tuesday saw 2 more friends visiting from work they brought cards with get well messages and something I absolutely didn't expect, a collection. For any of the contributors reading this blog I have bought the top of the range Kindle as I love reading and expect to do a lot of it over the coming months. Once again I am bowled over by everybody's generosity and friendship. I will, of course, be writing a more personal thank you to those lovely people.

All through this week I have suffered with dehydration, particularly in the morning I have taken a rehydration treatment as recommended by my stoma nurse and this has re balanced my fluids. It's quite important to not just drink water when I feel like this as it flushes me through and exasperates the problem.
Another trick to slow down digestion and ensure I get the most out of my food is to eat marshmallows or jelly babies as the gelatine slows the process (who would have believed that eating sweets is good for you!).

On Thursday Stella and I went to Joe Allens (Exeter street) for lunch, this was a major achievement for me as it was the longest time I have been out since my stoma operation and involved a train journey, a brisk walk and a meal in a restaurant. It was a great 'date' and did wonders for my personal confidence.

Back to Friday and the top of this blog.

1 comment: