Wednesday 28 December 2011

Food and Drink

The pain in my groin has subsided but remains as a dull ache, I've found that drinking copious amounts of water seems to help. I don't know why maybe it changes the physical dynamics in the pelvic area but it definitely does, I'm drinking about 2 litres a day. I still feel dehydrated occasionally and need the rehydration drinks as well as plain water.

My level of fatigue has also reduced over the last 10 days, I still have a power nap during the day but it is getting shorter. That said, I missed a huge chunk of Christmas day to sleep and I was too tired to go to the pantomime with Mum and Dad, Stella, Martha and Tallulah on Boxing day. My eyes still water and are generally a bit sensitive to the light but all these side effects are as predicted by the team at the Oncology department.

Christmas morning we all decamped to Hannah's flat for Breakfast (strange, her Boyfriend must have arrived remarkably early?). It was great and as usual she had spread a cornucopia of delights, it was a good start to the day. Lunch was back at our house and this was restricted to those still living in the house (just the 6 of us).

I have been a long time reader of 'Bike'  magazine and, while opening the presents after lunch, Stella presented me with a package which contained a card and 3 wrapped Tee shirts from the magazine. I read the card and choked up and had to compose myself before I could read it out to the rest of the family. Jemima had written to the magazine explaining my situation, telling them of my devotion to that august publication, in the hope that they would publish the letter and I would read it in the following month's issue. They couldn't but wanted to do something and this is what they did. I intend to wear one in Nice and send them a photo and covering email.


Me in my Bike Tee shirt in Nice.


Boxing day my Parents came to us for lunch and the Pantomime and as mentioned earlier I was too tired to go. Lunch was great though.

All our children, other halves and Grand children came  us on the 27th, sadly, due to sickness (and rows) some the other halves and one of the Grand children couldn't make it, only 15 for lunch then.
Generally, Christmas is a very food and drink time for us and this Christmas has followed that trend.

Stella is ironing her clothes for Nice, placing them carefully in the case, and throwing my 'T's in , I must admit I am really looking forward to the (too short) break its a chance for both of us to recharge for the New Year.

1 comment: