Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas Humbug

Another day another 'zapping' session, only two left now the last four weeks have truly flown by (I have been marking the 'zapping' and drug taking off on an excel spread sheet). Once I have completed the outstanding final segments of this stage I will have completed 50% of my total treatment, it doesn't seem that long ago that, still shell shocked, I crossed the threshold of the Oncology unit at Maidstone hospital. I can't speak highly enough of the staff and treatment I have received at there.

 Once again, today, we met up with a friend mentioned in Stella's earlier comment on this blog, she has a further 6 months of Chemotherapy ahead of her. She remains a truly inspirational character, very positive and resolute her strength gives me strength.

It's Martha's carol service this evening and Stella and I are both going. I am looking forward to it this year which unusual because generally I could be described as a 'Christmas Humbug'.

Finally, I don't usually respond to comments through this blog but, Claire I didn't get your email address with your comment. Yes, you were spot on with my film allusion well done and "Party on". 

1 comment:

  1. Hiya John :-) met up with Dave Bos and he told me about your blog- being a 'civie out of the loop' I didn't know about your current battle. Goes without saying I wish you all the best and hope to meet up at some point to swing the firehouse lamp.
    all the best mate
    malcolm mcbride

    ReplyDelete