Tuesday 20 December 2011

That was the week that was

Thats it! completed my last Radiotherapy session and have just taken the last of my Chemotherapy medication. I feel quite emotional about it, I'll miss all the crew on LA6 at the Oncology dept. Talking to the Radiotherapist the Radiotherapy has killed off the tumour and the Chemotherapy should prevent 'migration' so only the surgery to go, Bring it on!

In the early hours of Saturday morning a taxi driver, attempting the land speed record for a Skoda, ploughed into Stella's VW Polo pushing it from the kerb side where it was parked, up our drive and into my car. He then proceeded to use two of the neighbour's cars as emergency crash barriers before coming to rest. Obviously his 'chute' failed to deploy! Unbelievably neither the taxi driver or anyone else were injured in this pile up which totalled seven cars.

It's funny I can't recall breaking any mirrors at the beginning of the year but I am not sure we can withstand a further six years bad luck.


Whilst sorting out the torturous labyrinthine insurance process later that morning we received a parcel which Stella thought was a bumper pack of colostomy bags (nice Christmas present!). This turned out to be a rather fantastic Christmas Hamper from all the personnel at Tooting Fire station this utterly changed our mood, what a wonderful thing to do. I intend to pop into the station this week to touch base with everyone and say thanks.

Needless to say we are hoping for a quieter couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry John, I wasn't used to the controls in the Skoda.....nice Chrimbo pressie from the lads and lassies at H35.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Well done you.

    Haven't you heard? The World's ending next December. I know, because the Mayans pedicted it, and there's been a movie. Break mirrors at will.

    Love
    Claire

    ReplyDelete