Saturday 24 December 2011

Twas the night before Christmas...........

I've just finished reading the night before Christmas to Martha, the only child who wants to listen now. Most of the older children are having a debauched night in the pub or tucking their own children in bed.

This week is the first week without any Radio/Chemo therapy and I have had some of the predicted side effects in the following days. The worst has been a growing ache in my groin/pelvis area, this started last weekend and grew increasing painful reaching a crescendo on Thursday all I could do was go to bed and pop ibuprofen. This pain has subsided largely since Thursday but remains a dull ache, I am hoping this will fade substantially before Stella and I go to Nice.

To celebrate finishing the Nuclear part of my treatment Stella and I went out for lunch at a local fish restaurant on Monday which started with a rather saucy glass of Champagne. Very nice.

I popped into work this week, to Tooting to drop of tins of sweets for the watches and to  Croydon to drop off a card and say hello. The guy filling in for me is young, keen and good at the job (swine!) but at least I know the ship is in good hands. My tins of sweets seem paltry compared with the hamper I received from Tooting but I have given them for many years and they have become a bit of an annual tradition.It was good to catch up with the Red Watch, Tom and Pete.
It was equally good to catch up with everybody at Croydon it was quite emotional and I ended up being there chatting for much longer than I intended.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas John, Stella and family.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've finally worked out how to post a comment! Happy Christmas to you all and lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete