Friday 25 November 2011

2 Weeks down

I like this picture, earlier in the week we went for a walk. At the risk of enraging the 'global warming' lobby I find sunny days in the winter lift my soul, long may they continue. The Ray Bans are tortoise shell framed, not real obviously that would place me up with Adolf Hitler and Vlad the Impaler on the reviled peoples' list. It was a beautiful day and although the walk took it out of me I thoroughly enjoyed it and slept like a log that night.
The end of the second week has brought some side effects (detailed in the previous post) and a noticeable increase in my level of fatigue. However, after a meeting with my stoma nurses I now have an elasticated girdle to support the area around my stoma and intend to use some of my meagre energy level to go out for some short cycle rides. Previous rides had resulted in the area around my stoma 'pulling' uncomfortably so the girdle will give much needed support. I find going out on my bike, however occasionally, psychologically as well as physically uplifting and as such well worth expending energy. This is not bravado but rather maintaining a sense of self.
On Monday as well as me being 'zapped' we have a review meeting with my oncologist Doctor, Stella and I will be preparing questions over the weekend as we are both keen to get an idea of the direction the treatment is taking and timescales for surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment