Friday 18 November 2011

One down Four to go

Completed the first week of Radio/Chemo therapy today, so far so good. I haven't suffered any adverse side effects. Early days!
I have been given free (!) nylon slippers to wear in the treatment room at hospital as well as executive parking rights (£1.80/week). The advantages of cancer just keep rolling in.

Stella's passion is divided (equally I hope) between me and Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel  fame (old band from the '70s). During the zapping process the team pipe music into the room, to make the victim feel less intimidated (Ha!). Imagine how I felt as I was being lined up for zapping, naked butt in the air when Mr Harley's (my Nemesis!) 'make me smile (come up and see me)' came over the ether, mocking me in my compromised situation.

Oh the irony!

2 comments:

  1. I know you mightn't think it, but your blog is already showing others that when you're undergoing radiotherapy/chemotherapy your head doesn't fall off nor do you turn into a 3 headed monster and that if you look at the world sideways in real life it doesn't change when you have cancer.

    Enjoy reading your accounts.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's not Queen or some other Godforsaken middle of the road band, John.
    I can imagine receiving treatment accompanied by some modern dance music crap and asking to have my ears radiated to extinction. Only imagine it mind, because unlike you I don't know what it's like. But I've got your back, Guv'nor.

    ReplyDelete