Tuesday 15 November 2011

First day new boy

My first day with radiotherapy today and I had 'new boy' nerves the night before with all the usual unpleasant side effects that anybody who has been through the hell of the first day at a new school suffers.
But as with school everybody only wants to help and my first bout of radiotherapy and, indeed, my first dose of chemotherapy passed without event. I am sure that this will all become more arduous as the treatment moves through it's term but a positive start has put me in a confident frame of mind.
As usual Stella was the assertive partner asking questions and demanding answers from the helpful staff while I parodied a rabbit caught in the headlights.
I met a guy going through similar treatment to mine, it's reassuring to talk to someone else in a comparable situation.
I find I am inhabiting two different worlds at the moment; 'Cancer world' where our lives (Stella and mine) revolve around eating resting, surgery, oncology and maintaining a positive mental attitude; 'Other world' dealing with the every day demands of family life, links with friends and ensuring there is enough diesel in the car to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment